Parenting in an Age of Digital Adversity: How to Help the Families We Work With as Well as Our Own
Families are facing a much more difficult task raising their kids in today’s cultural and digital climate. Issues ranging from increased rates of digital addiction, depression and anxiety, pornography use, social media conflicts, etc. This age of digital adversity has created a range of challenges that are permeating our culture and our families in new and profound ways.
1. Understanding and discussing the benefits and challenges that have accompanied the rise and accessibility of technology and “connectedness”.
2. Understanding and discussing proper child identity formation and self-worth as well as values clarification and assessment.
3. How to conduct and steer open dialogues about digital media realities with our children and families.
4. Understanding and discussing the dangers surrounding digital use in the areas of unhealthy relationships, sexual abuse, and exploitation.
5. How to discuss and implement new rules around digital use and digital safety.
$25 PBA Students.
$25 Affiliate Members
$25 for SFACC Clinical Members.
$35 for non‑SFACC members.
About the Presenter
Denise Rye, LMHC
Certified Professional Instructor with KidSafe Foundation
Denise Rye is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Certified Professional Instructor with KidSafe Foundation. She received her M.S. degree from Palm Beach Atlantic University with a dual degree in Mental Health and Marriage and Family Therapy. She has been serving children, teens, and their families in our community for the past 10 years. After first learning about issues of Human Trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation, she dedicated much of her time learning more about prevention and education in matters of sexual abuse and sexual education. She has spent much of her professional career working with teens in youth development and enrichment programs. She has been teaching and writing curriculum for KidSafe Foundation on the topics of digital safety and healthy relationships. Denise delivers practical and engaging multimedia presentations to audiences of all ages.
Affiliate membership is free for Pastors, Church Ministry Leaders, Lay Counselors, Marriage Mentors, Counseling students, non‑licensed counselors, and retired counselors.
Sponsored by the Graduate Counseling Program of Palm Beach Atlantic University and South Florida Association of Christian Counselors
This workshop has been approved for 2 (general) hours of continuing education with the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, & Mental Health Counseling. CE Broker Tracking # 20-860494 (CE Broker Provider BAP #820).
"On-Demand" Cancellation Policy Click here.
Click here to join/learn more about our association today!