841 S Atlantic Drive. Lantana, FL 33462
SFACC is a 501(c) 3 tax exempt public charity.
The South Florida Association of Christian Counselors (SFACC) was started in 2005 by faculty in the graduate Counseling program at Palm Beach Atlantic University who had a desire to help Christian counselors within South Florida meet each other and form an organization that would encourage Christian counselors to integrate their faith with their counseling practices.
The faculty also wanted to provide a vehicle for helping pastors become aware of Christian counselors with expertise in various types of counseling issues. Without a means of finding Christian counselors with various specialties, pastors often had no way of identifying Christian counselors with expertise in the areas their parishioners needed counseling.
In 2009 we revamped our membership criteria and developed a user-friendly website to facilitate online searches for Christian counselors according to category and for counselors to join and post their profiles on our online Counselor Directory.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- * Statement of Faith is provided by the National Association of Evangelicals and used with permission.
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in being with the Father. Through Him all things were made. For us men and our salvation He came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit, He was born of the Virgin Mary , and became man. For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered, died, and was buried. On the third day He rose again in fulfillment of the scriptures: He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son, He is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.